Traveling to Myanmar (or Burma) has long been in favor of many tourists who desire to get immersed in the enigmatic Southeast Asian country. Myanmar is beautiful and attractive for the year-round enjoyment, but it doesn’t mean that you should experience a Myanmar Tour with an empty head about the land’s weather. Of course, the tour will become highly successful and satisfactory when you know clearly best time to visit Myanmar.
Myanmar Weather Summary – Visit Myanmar with Pleasure
Though you can explore Myanmar throughout the year, know that the country features the two distinct seasons: wet and dry!
- The Wet Season Of Burma Runs From June To Early October
The peak of the wet season makes some regions of Myanmar inaccessible. For instance, Ngapali Beach is mostly full of high winds and heavy rains that strike the coast on an annual basis. You can visit the land’s centers during the rainy months but the remote areas and exposed delta are impassable because of the mud and violent storm.
The hill stations, Himalayan foothills, lakes of Myanmar will be influenced by the cold, especially at night. These high-altitude regions are much cooler than the coastal regions as well as the southern lowland.
- The Dry Season Of Burma Lasts From October To May
Due to the tropical climate, Burma has some seasonable changes straightforwardly derived from the monsoon winds. Variations in temperature are likely to happen in the early phase of each season.
The early dry months (March and April) and the early wet months (May and June) are often the hottest times of the year because the temperatures reach the astronomical highs. During such the hot time of the year, the Shan state region remains a bit cooler so it is the ideal spot to avoid the scorching heat. The plains around Bagan and Mandalay are the driest areas of Myanmar because they remain fairly dry despite much of the annual rain in the country.
So, in a word, when are the best months to visit Burma? Let us tell you: the best months are from November to February. Nonetheless, these are also the busiest times when the safe accommodation becomes a problem. It is when the weather in Burma is typically dry and fairly cool.
That is why many seasoned tourists take the “mid-season” (the side of the peak period) is the best time to enjoy a Myanmar Holiday as the weather is very good, not too cold and not too hot at all. Meanwhile, the sites are less crowded. In that sense, October is also the ideal time to find the good balance of weather and tourism offerings.
The Eminent Festivals and Ceremonies in Myanmar
- In January, Ananda Temple Festival is held in Bagan for the religious purposes.
- February marks the celebration of Kyaik Khauk Pagoda Festival in Thanlyin, Syriam. At the same month, Maha Myat Muni Pagoda happens in Mandalay.
- When it comes to Match, Shwedagon Pagoda is celebrated in Yangon and Shwezagan Pagoda Festival is promoted in Maymyo.
- From 12th to 17th April (Burmese New Year), Thingyan Water Festival entertains many guests out there.
- October or November is when Phaung Daw Oo Pagoda Festival is promoted in Inle.
- November welcomes the tourists to join and experience the Shwezigon Pagoda Festival.
- News2021.01.09Myanmar Tourism 2021 – An Enigmatic Destination with Surreal Temples
- Testimonials2020.05.2110 Reasons to Visit Myanmar in 2021
- Testimonials2020.03.24Updates about Covid-19 in Myanmar in 24 March 2020
- Testimonials2020.01.30Inle Itinerary Plan for You to Explore the Best of the Lake in Myanmar