Bagan wins praise as the City of Four Million Pagodas that grows to be the huge magnet attracting the Buddha pilgrims and travelers internationally. From the old capital of Burma, Yangon, you now can have the ideal stopover in Bagan. Yes, the 4-day-3-night Bagan Stopover Tour lets you fully view the whole religious site in the detailed manner. The whole-day sightseeing in Bagan is seamless; you step into the world of the thousands-year-old pagodas. Know what? You can even arrange for the exciting balloon ride by contacting the tour agent in advance. So now, find everything you need to know about this Myanmar tour below!
Destinations: Yangon → Bagan → Mont Popa → Yangon
Upon arrival in Yangon International Airport by morning flight, you will meet our guide transfer to the hotel. After check in the hotel and refreshment, we will start orientation tour in Yangon. First, we will visit Sule Pagoda. Well-known as the Land Mark in city centre, legend said that the Pagoda is 2,000 years old and the central Stupa is still enshrining a hair of the Buddha. Then from Pagoda, we will take the walking tour to the charming and interesting area with its old colonial architecture buildings such as City Hall, High Court, etc. This area is really reflecting the special identity of the city from old British colonial time.
You also will have time to visit Bogyoke Aung San – the central market of Yangon with interesting collection of Jade, Petrified wood and local handicraft.
Evening great sunset at marvellous Shwedagon Pagoda& its pagoda bazaar. The massive and magnificent gold-encrusted Shwedagon Pagoda (100 meter high), is one of the wonders of the world. It was built 2500 years ago and enshrined with hair relics of the Buddha and is the holy place for local people to meet devoted Buddhists at meditation and pray.
Accommodation: Hotel in Yangon
In the early morning, transfer to airport and leave for Bagan – the place also known as the “City of Four Million Pagodas.” Many of the pagodas and temples are small and simple—but the number of them is staggering. Although Bagan’s centuries-old shrines, pagodas, and stupas do not actually total in the millions, there are well over 2,000 of them scattered along the remote 16-square-mile plain, flanked on one side by the Irrawaddy River. This qualifies Bagan as the largest temple city on the planet, as well as one of the most important archaeological areas in all of Asia. The majority of ruins in Bagan were constructed between the eleventh and 13th centuries, a time when Bagan was the capital of the First Burmese Empire.
Upon arrival in Bagan, transfer to hotel.
After that we will take the tour to Bagan. Firstly, visit of village market in the town of Nyaung-U: a great opportunity to mingle with the locals and wander among stalls that feature locally-grown crops, rattan items, tea leaves, and colorful traditional clothing. Then we make a short stop to see Shwezigon Paya, a beautiful gold-domed pagoda constructed early in the twelfth century that is believed to enshrine a bone and tooth of Gautama Buddha. Our guide then will take you for the walk to visit the Lacquer ware village where you can learn how the local people manufacture this well-known handicraft of Myanmar.
After lunch in local restaurant, we will have time for resting in the hotel before continue the tour to visit Anada Temple – one of the finest in architecture and most revered temples with its four standing Bagan style Buddha images and huge carved teak doors from thousand years ago. There are different Pagodas to visit today but the will be no repetition, as they all beautiful, interesting and different. In the late afternoon, we’ll head to a nearby jetty, where we’ll board a boat to gain a new vantage of the Irrawaddy (also called the Ayeyarwady). The people and the country’s economy depend on this natural resource, as you will undoubtedly observe by the countless number of barges, bamboo rafts, and fishing boats that ply the waters around us. From on board, we will be able to observe how everyday life plays out along the riverbanks.
Accommodation: Hotel in Bagan.
This morning we will wake up early today to get to Shwe Sandaw Pagoda – the best location where we can have the amazing panorama views of Bagan and it’s pagodas and Stupas in the dawn. This is also the best place for taking photos of Bagan. Witnessing the morning sun illuminating the ancient temples of Bagan is an unforgettable experience. After that, return to the hotel for breakfast.
After that, we will take the excursion to Mt. Popa, an extinct volcano, located 50 km south-east of Bagan and a one hour drive on the road to Mandalay. Climbing 777 steps to the summit takes about 45 minutes and you can visit the Mahagiri Shrine dedicated to the “Nats” (spirits), stupas and a picturesque complex of monasteries at the top where there is a wonderful panoramic view. On the way back to Bagan, observe the natives collecting the juices from the palm trees, palm sugar making technique as well as palm wine.
Afternoon visit in Bagan including Dhammayangyi Temple – the widest temple in Bagan. From a distance it resembles the early step pyramids of Egypt. The sides at the base of the structure are almost 78 meters long, while the central core of the temple measures 25 meters long. There are four entrances that each contain a seated Buddha image on a pedestal, the main entrance is the Eastern one. The Western sanctum contains images of the Gautama Buddha and the future Maitreya Buddha, side by side. The temple grounds are surrounded by a wall with huge arched gates that lead to the pagoda. To prevent further deterioration the terraces of the temple are closed to the public.
In the late afternoon, our guide will take you for the pleasant walk in the beautiful area of the complex of Pagodas and Stupas of Khayminga Temple in the sunset time.
OPTIONAL TOUR : Indulge yourself in the magical experience of gaping at surrealistic landscape of Bagan from a hot air balloon (available from late October to March). For details or further information on Ballons Over Bagan (BOB), please contact Care & Share.
Accommodation: Hotel in Bagan
Morning take a flight back to Yangon. Upon arrival in Yangon, free time to discover the city on your own till departure time to the airport for the flight home. End of Bagan Stopover Tour 4 Days.
• Accommodation based on 03 Nights Twin or Double Room sharing program including Daily Hotel breakfast
• All kinds of internal transportation as above mentioned itinerary
• Domestic Air-ticket fees for Yangon-Bagan, Bagan-Yangon
• Domestic Airport Tax & Fuel Charges
• Guide Fees as above mentioned you can choice as you wish
• Entrance Fees & Zone Fees as per mentioned program
• Good local car experienced car driver
• Government Tax
• Service Tax
• International Ticket Fare with insurance surcharge and Fuel surcharge
• Visa Fees & Travels insurance
• Meals (Lunch and Dinner)
• Early Check in and Late Check out
• Visits not mentioned in the program
• Camera or Video Camera fees
• Tips and gratitude to guides / drivers / porters at the hotels & Airports
• Credit card fees (6.6%) only Master and Visa Card or bank transfer fees for non-cash payments
• Personal Expense such as beverages, telephone calls, laundry services, Mini bar, etc….
• Drinks at meals and purify drinking water and snow Towel along in program
• Myanmar Visa Fees 30 USD
• Other services not mentioned above including
• Possible supplement for period of Christmas and New Year may be applied and will be advised upon reservations.
• In case if you would like to take more time for Dinner, you will be charged 10% of full day rate per every extra hour.
• Accommodation in hotels is subject to availability. If the listed hotel is fully booked, alternate accommodation will be booked within the same hotel category without surcharge/reduction. If no hotel in same category available, we preserve the right to forward surcharge for any higher category respectively reduction for any lower category. In case you request the quotation with specific hotels, rate may change. All hotel ratings are according to the local accreditation authority.
• Thingyan (Myanmar Water Festival) Transportation Surcharges
Please note that during this period the following surcharges will apply on any transportation services in the following destinations (below charges are based on similar surcharges levied during the same event and are subject to change at short notice; they serve as indication only!)
Valid till December 2019
|Private Party||First Class
|Yangon||Hotel Esta Yangon
Deluxe With Shower
|Esperado Lake View Hotel
|Bagan||Bawga Theiddhi Hotel
|Amata Garden Resort Bagan