Mandalay gains fame as the true religious gem of Myanmar that is surely worth a visit. And if you are fond of this famous religious site, just opt for the Mandalay Stopover Tour that covers the two best destinations in Myanmar: Yangon and Mandalay. This 4-day-3-night Myanmar Tour assures that you will see the real beauty of both the bustling Burmese old capital and the mysterious highlights in Mandalay (Mahamuni Paya, Jade Market, Golden Palace Monastery…). The stopover in Mandalay will be full of joy, fun, and knowledge. So now, check out the tour’s itinerary, cost, hotels to be used, and package services by browsing down.
Destinations: Yangon → Mandalay → Yangon
Upon arrival in Yangon International Airport by morning flight, you will meet our guide transfer to the hotel. After check in the hotel and refreshment, we will start orientation tour in Yangon. First, we will visit Sule Pagoda. Well-known as the Land Mark in city centre, legend said that the Pagoda is 2,000 years old and the central Stupa is still enshrining a hair of the Buddha. Then from Pagoda, we will take the walking tour to the charming and interesting area with its old colonial architecture buildings such as City Hall, High Court, etc. This area is really reflecting the special identity of the city from old British colonial time.
You also will have time to visit Bogyoke Aung San – the central market of Yangon with interesting collection of Jade, Petrified wood and local handicraft.
Evening great sunset at marvellous Shwedagon Pagoda& its pagoda bazaar. The massive and magnificent gold-encrusted Shwedagon Pagoda (100 meter high), is one of the wonders of the world. It was built 2500 years ago and enshrined with hair relics of the Buddha and is the holy place for local people to meet devoted Buddhists at meditation and pray.
Accommodation: Hotel in Yangon
In the morning transfer to the airport for flight to Mandalay, which was founded in 1857-1860 as the capital by King Mindon and remained the capital city of the Konboung, Myanmar’s last dynasty. Upon arrival, we will take the tour in Mandalay.
We’ll explore several highlights of Mandalay, which briefly served as capital of the last Burmese kingdom in the mid-19th century. We first visit the Mahamuni Paya, home to a highly venerated Buddha image, one of the most sacred in Burma. Over the centuries, devout Buddhists have been applying gold leaf to the 13-foot-high seated Buddha; that gold surface is now estimated to be about six inches thick.
We will also come to visit Jade market – the biggest market for wholesales selling Jade and precious stone in Mandalay. This is unique and very interesting market o discover.
After lunch, we will visit Shwenandawkyaung or Golden Palace Monastery – a very magnificent building beautifully carved in wood, dating back to 19thcentury. It is of great interest, not only as a fine example of a traditional Burmese wooden monastery, but also as a fragile reminder of the old Mandalay Palace that had been totally destroyed by bombs. And then visit to Kuthodaw Paya – the world’s largest book of 729 marble slabs inscribed the entire Tripitaka, that have been recognized by Guinness book.
Late afternoon, we will come to visit Mandalay Hill 230 meters in elevation, is the natural landmark of Mandalay, a vantage-point for a full panoramic sunset view of the city.
Accommodation: Hotel in Mandalay
This morning we will drive to Sagain for sightseeing. Visit Kaung Hmu Daw Pagoda : built in 1636 by King Thalon to comnerorate Inwa’s establishment as the royal capital of Myanmar) , visit picturesque Sagaing Hill, where hillsides are dotted with numerous pagodas and monasteries. This is perhaps the living centre of Buddhist faith in Myanmar today. Then we will visit Soon Oo Pon Nya Shin Pagoda nearby was constructed in 1312, U Min Thonzeh Pagoda, U Min Chaukzeh Pagoda & U Min Koezeh Pagoda.
Afternoon take the sightseeing for the Old Imperial Capital Inwa. Firstly you take by small boat across the Ayeyearwaddy River. Start the sightseeing at Maha Aungmye Bonzan Monastery (aka), Me Nu Oke Kyaung: a brick and stucco monastery built by Nanmadaw Me Nu, the chief queen of Bagyidaw, of her royal about U Bok (Nyaunggan Sayadaw) in 1822 & located on the south bank of Ayeyawaddy River and north edge of Inwa, Bagaya Kyaung : the largest measures 60ft in height and 9ft in circumference, and Nanmyint Hmyawzin (Nanmyint watchtower).
Return back to Mandalay and in the late afternoon, we take a short drive to the ancient royal capital of Amarapura. Upon our arrival, we’ll visit Mahagandaryon Monastery where we can observe the life of over 1000 monks. It is not only the most reputed and well-known monastery in Myanmar but also known by all tourists from all over the world for its unique value like a person with good perfume attracts people all around without being seen. The name of the monastery means “The sense of perfume”. After that visit U Bein – the world’s longest teak bridge. The U Bein footbridge stretches almost three-quarters of a mile over Thaungthaman Lake, and is heavily utilized by the local monks in maroon robes who carry alms bowls back and forth to monasteries. Constructed of more than 1,000 teak posts, the U Bein has withstood the elements for over two centuries. Drive back to Mandalay.
Accommodation: Hotel in Mandalay
Morning take a flight back to Yangon. Upon arrival in Yangon, you will have free time at leisure for discovering Yangon by yourself till the departure time to the airport for the flight home. End of 4-Day Mandalay Stopover Tour.
• Accommodation based on 03 Nights Twin or Double Room sharing program including Daily Hotel breakfast
• All kinds of internal transportation as above mentioned itinerary
• Domestic Air-ticket fees for Yangon-Mandalay, Mandalay-Yangon
• Domestic Airport Tax & Fuel Charges
• Guide fees as above mentioned you can choice as you wish
• Entrance Fees & Zone Fees as per mentioned program
• Good local car experienced car driver
• Government Tax
• Service Tax
• International Ticket Fare with insurance surcharge and Fuel surcharge
• Visa Fees & Travels insurance
• Meals (Lunch and Dinner)
• Early Check in and Late Check out
• Visits not mentioned in the program
• Camera or Video Camera fees
• Reclining Chair for golden rock trip.
• Tips and gratitude to guides / drivers / porters at the hotels & Airports
• Credit card fees (6.6%) only Master and Visa Card or bank transfer fees for non-cash payments
• Personal Expense such as beverages, telephone calls, laundry services, Mini bar, etc….
• Drinks at meals and purify drinking water and snow Towel along in program
• Myanmar Visa Fees 30 USD
• Other services not mentioned above including
• Possible supplement for period of Christmas and New Year may be applied and will be advised upon reservations.
• In case if you would like to take more time for Dinner, you will be charged 10% of full day rate per every extra hour.
• Accommodation in hotels is subject to availability. If the listed hotel is fully booked, alternate accommodation will be booked within the same hotel category without surcharge/reduction. If no hotel in same category available, we preserve the right to forward surcharge for any higher category respectively reduction for any lower category. In case you request the quotation with specific hotels, rate may change. All hotel ratings are according to the local accreditation authority.
• Thingyan (Myanmar Water Festival) Transportation Surcharges
Please note that during this period the following surcharges will apply on any transportation services in the following destinations (below charges are based on similar surcharges levied during the same event and are subject to change at short notice; they serve as indication only!)
Single Supplement 109 253
Valid till March 2019
|Private Party||First Class