When you look at Myanmar nature in paper and photo, you may agree that this golden country is beautiful and enigmatic. Yes, in fact, the nature of Burma goes beyond every way used to describe it. The 10-day-9-night Typical Myanmar Ecotour attempts to convince you of its absolute nature via the four hot spots: Yangon, Bago, Taungoo, and Pyay. The city tour to Yangon is awesome while the sightseeing in Bago is delightful. More interestingly, the tour becomes completed with the great elephant camp in Taungoo.
Destinations: Yangon → Bago → Taungoo → Pyay → Yangon
Upon arrival in Yangon International Airport by morning flight, you will meet our guide transfer to the hotel. After check in the hotel and refreshment, we will start orientation tour in Yangon. First, we will visit Sule Pagoda. Well-known as the Land Mark in city centre, legend said that the Pagoda is 2,000 years old and the central Stupa is still enshrining a hair of the Buddha. Then from Pagoda, we will take the walking tour to the charming and interesting area with its old colonial architecture buildings such as City Hall, High Court, etc. This area is really reflecting the special identity of the city from old British colonial time.
You also will have time to visit Bogyoke Aung San – the central market of Yangon with interesting collection of Jade, Petrified wood and local handicraft.
Evening great sunset at marvellous Shwedagon Pagoda & its pagoda bazaar. The massive and magnificent gold-encrusted Shwedagon Pagoda (100 meter high), is one of the wonders of the world. It was built 2500 years ago and enshrined with hair relics of the Buddha and is the holy place for local people to meet devoted Buddhists at meditation and pray.
Accommodation: Hotel in Yangon
In the morning, we start the tour by driving during about one and a half hour to Bago. At first, we come to Kyaik Pun Pagoda for visiting four giant Buddha Images sitting back to back against a massive brick pillar and facing the four cardinal points of the compass. Then, reach to Bago Market for watch the local life. It is very excited thanks to varieties of vegetables and other kinds of viand, flowers, and common goods. Kha Khat Wain Monastery is the next destination which is famous for a long line of hundreds of monk, before 11 o’clock,line up silently and slowly, receive their meal and make their way into the communal dining room for lunch. In the afternoon, we come to Moeyungyi Wetlands & Resort, which is considered as a paradise for bird-watching. With an areas of 100 square kilometers of wetlands, it can be compared with a wonderful house of about 75 species of bird, including: Little Cormorant, Grey and Purple Herons, Indian Pond-Heron, Asian Open bill, Black-headed Ibis, Garganey, Lesser Whistling duck, Pied Harrier, Western and Eastern Marsh-Harriers, etc., some of them is difficult to be found in other places. At the late afternoon, we take the rest and dinner at a simple resort, and also stay overnight here.
Accommodation: Overnight in Moeyungyi Wetlands & Resort
We spend all time in the morning on exploring the natural beauty and wonders of the wetlands in second bird-watching areas. There are so many species of bird so that you cannot remember their names such as Oriental Darter, Spot-billed Pelican, Cinnamon Bittern, Painted Stork, Wooly-necked Stork, Lesser Adjutant, Pallas’s Fish-Eagle, Greater Spotted Eagle, Sarus Crane, and Water-cock. But you will be attracted so that you do not want to leave due to the sightseeing and great environment. After lunch and rest, come to Taungoo with some stops on the way at the local villages for knowledge about the rural daily life and. After about 5 hours, we reach Taungoo and check in at a hotel, have dinner and stay overnight.
Accommodation: Hotel in Taungoo
Leave Taungoo in the morning and off-road driving to Karen village (5hr) and study old Karen tradition and learn how they have to struggle to survive in the jungle.
Accommodation: Overnight at the village.
Visit the village in the morning and have lunch and then cross jungle drive to elephant camp (2hr). Elephant ride in the afternoon for about 1 hour before sun set and overnight at the camp.
Accommodation: Overnight at the elephant camp.
Get up early morning and follow the elephant master (Oo Zi) to chase his elephant which was freed into the jungle for the whole night (optional). Learn how elephants are working for the logging process. Have lunch and drive back to Taungoo (2hr) in the afternoon.
Accommodation: Hotel in Taungoo
After breakfast , we drive in about 4 hours to Pyay or called Prome which located on the steep bank of Ayeyarwaddy River. When you arrive, it may beat the late afternoon and you will transfer to your hotel for check-in and overnight.
Accommodation: Hotel in Pyay
In the morning, we visit the downtown and market area for sightseeing and other purposes such as fresh air, relax. After that, we come to a Pagoda which is known as a hair relic Pagoda and the combination of Burmese and Mon architecture – Shwe San Daw Pagoda. It is a famous tour point in Pyay, besides the ancient capital of Pyu Dynasty Srikresttra which we visit in the afternoon. You can easy to find in this ancient capital some oldest pagodas in Myanmar and a small museum in which, cultural and architectural development of Pyu people are showed. Otherwise, the special thing in this day we bring to tourists is a tripon an oxcart coming and visiting Baw Baw Gyi Pagoda – a pagoda built in 5th century AD in the cylindrical shape. The last destination in this day is Paya Gyi (Big Pagoda) before have dinner in a hotel and stay overnight here.
Accommodation: Hotel in Pyay
In the morning, we start a trip come back to Yangon by car. It is a long trip due to the long distance and therefore, we have a stop in Shwe Daung, visit Shwe Nat Taung Pagoda and the Buddha with the golden spectacles. Lunch is offered on the way because as schedule, we will reach to Yangon at the late afternoon. On the way, we also offer some stops for sightseeing and taking photographs. Once we arrive at Yangon, check in at your hotel and have a dinner and happy night.
Accommodation: Hotel in Yangon
After breakfast, free time for relaxation. You can be relaxing at the hotel to enjoy the pool, sun, and gardens or to enjoy at your leisure activities of your choice until the departure time to the airport for the flight home. End of 10-Day Typical Myanmar Ecotour.
Valid till March 2016
|Private Party||First Class
• 07 night accommodation in single or double or twin with daily hotel breakfast and 2 nights accommodation Village
• All kinds of internal transportation as above mentioned itinerary
• 3days/2night for Elephant Camp Trip (school or monastery type with beds on floor in a hall and common toilet) and transport in jungle, permission, guiding fees, entrance fees, elephant fees, meals and drinking water.
• Entrance Fees & Zone Fees as per mentioned program
• Guides as above mentioned (you can choice as you like)
• Domestic Airport Tax
• Government Tax
• Service Tax
• International Ticket Fare with insurance surcharge and Fuel surcharge
• Visa Fees & Travels insurance
• Meals (Lunch and Dinner)
• Early Check in and Late Check out
• Visits not mentioned in the program
• Camera or Video Camera fees
• Tips and gratitude to guides / drivers / porters at the hotels & Airports
• Credit card fees (6.6%) only Master and Visa Card or bank transfer fees for non-cash payments
• Personal Expense such as beverages, telephone calls, laundry services, Mini bar, etc….
• Drinks at meals and purify drinking water and snow Towel along in program
• Myanmar Visa Fees 30 USD
• Other services not mentioned above including
• Possible supplement for period of Christmas and New Year may be applied and will be advised upon reservations.
• In case if you would like to take more time for Dinner, you will be charged 10% of full day rate per every extra hour.
• Accommodation in hotels is subject to availability. If the listed hotel is fully booked, alternate accommodation will be booked within the same hotel category without surcharge/reduction. If no hotel in same category available, we preserve the right to forward surcharge for any higher category respectively reduction for any lower category. In case you request the quotation with specific hotels, rate may change. All hotel ratings are according to the local accreditation authority.
• Thingyan (Myanmar Water Festival) Transportation Surcharges (12 – 17 April 2016)
Please note that during this period the following surcharges will apply on any transportation services in the following destinations (below charges are based on similar surcharges levied during the same event, 12 – 17 April 2016 and are subject to change at short notice; they serve as indication only!):
Moeyungyi Wetland Wildlife Scanctuary (MWWS) covers an area of 40 sq.mile and is located around an artifical lake constructed in 1904, at Bago and Waw Townships in the Bage Reagion…
In Burma, the elephants are providing an invaluable service to the country not merely by supporting the national economy but, more importantly, by conserving the environment…
Yangon is dubbed “The Garden City of the East”. You will soon fall in love with the land’s shady parks, stunning lakes, and leafy tropical trees…